Author: Lisa Maxwell
Published: February 2nd 2016
Publisher: Simon Pulse
What’s It About?
Gwendolyn and her best friend Olivia are taken in the night after by shadowy monsters and carried to another world. Neverland. But Gwen soon finds that Neverland is nothing like the stories and becomes caught between 2 beautiful boys, Pan and the Captain in a desperate race to save her friend and get back home.
Filled with lots of action, adventure and dark twists in the beloved children’s classic, this is far from the Disney musical that we all hold so dear. Prepare to become entrapped by Neverland…
What I Liked:
- dark twists on Neverland
- description of the dangerous fey
- extra mini story at the beginning of each chapter, beautifully added depth and emotion to the novel
- THE CAPTAIN
- Rowan (aka the captain)
- Hook (aka Rowan)
- when he calls Gewn ‘lass’
- EVERY SCENE WITH THE CAPTAIN
What I Didn’t Like:
- Olivia was kind of useless until the very end
- even though Pan and Rowan sound amazingly attractive there was insta-love
- everything happened so fast, I wanted more details
- felt incomplete because some storylines were not fully explored IMO
- I WANTED MORE!!…or a sequel to wrap things up
3.5/5 A really quick and entertaining read, but I needed more. It should have been longer with more details to fully capture the world and plot lines or there needs to be a sequel. This book is a MUST READ for fans of Once Upon A Time, especially if you like me, have a major crush on Killian Jones (Hook).
Allow me to leave you with these… *swoons*