Vengeance Road by Erin Bowman 4.5/5
The best of the west including murder, horse chases, shootouts, a treasure map, gold mines and epic quests for justice.
Basically it’s a jacked up Little House on the Prairie with lots of guns and gold.
WHAT’S IT ABOUT?
Kate is a 18 year old girl living with her father in a very pioneer feeling town in Arizona in the 1900’s. When her father is hung and murdered by a gang known as the Rose Riders, Kate swears revenge. Disguised as a boy she follows the Rose Riders across the hostile countryside intent to kill them all and get her vengeance.
WHAT I LOVED
- a rough around the edges protagonist who feels little to no remorse
- prospector vibe
- AMAZING COVER ART
- realistic storytelling (they mention how hot it is all the time, how sweaty they get, even sunburnt!)
- interesting myths and legends are woven into the story
- some romance that was not the whole point of the story
- a great twist at the end (*spoilers)
Let me just leave you with the one and only Clint Eastwood to show my approval of this book