Alas, another Tuesday, and the ladies at the Broke and Bookish have given us a freebie! We’re playing catch up so our list will be on “Books We Want To See Made Into Movies”!
Ahh! This is so hard! Some of these titles have sold the movie rights so it’s only a matter on time, but still – the agony of waiting!
1. An Ember In The Ashes by Sabaa Tahir. I’d love to see this Rome-esque world come to life! Sabaa shared with us at her book signing her brother will be working with the movie adaptation aka, it’s actually GON’ HAPPEN.
2. Fairest by Marissa Meyer. QUEEN LEVANA IS SO BADASS. I would actually prefer this more in a reality-show style rather than a movie. I just want to know what Levana does all day, every day.
3. Ready Player One by Ernest Cline. Guys. This book is epic. I didn’t expect to get so caught up but listening to this had me totally engrossed for 15+ hours and with today’s CGI abilities, I wouldn’t be surprised if this movie lived up to all the OASIS-building from the book!
4. Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins. This one was my favourite of trilogy and not only because of all the cameos. I just want all the feels of reading about Isla and Josh to be translated onto something I can rewatch over and over again on Netflix.
5. Attachments by Rainbow Rowell. This modern yet not love story was so wonderful to read. Following Lincoln and Beth’s unorthodox relationship legit had me with all the warm fuzzies on every page. This would be another CLASSIC rom-com.
6. Queen of the Tearling by Erika Johansen. This incredible book is already scheduled to have a movie with Emma Watson as the lead BUT I NEED IT NOW!!!
7. Red Rising by Pierce Brown. This was such an epic action packed book I think it would make an amazing film.
8. Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi. Because it was JUST SO GOOD. Plus I want to see Warner and Adam in real life.
9. Unwind by Neil Shusterman. This book was really intense and gave me the major creeps. I feel like this would be the perfect movie for Tim Burton to direct and it would blow everyone’s minds.
10. Finding Audrey by Sophie Kinsella. This book hasn’t been release yet but it was a really funny, touching coming of age story about a girl with social anxiety. With the witty writing of Sophie Kinsella of course it would be a great movie to watch.